Sunday, July 29, 2012

Maybe it's you...I KNOW IT IS.

I'm not the one to only preach on supporting African American businesses. I believe in supporting any business with great products and services that fulfills my need. I must address yet again the unprofessional behavior of the African America businesses I've encountered.

Dear AA Business owners,

Stop complaining about being supported by others when your products and services are less than stellar. Stop believing other businesses and or consumers are "hating" on your business. Realize many individuals have certain things they prefer. You should know and accept the difference between preference and so called hate. Understand and accept you won't get everything right every time. Be honest with yourself and your customers/clients. Whether you believe it or not, putting your ego and pride aside, clients are willing to continue doing business with you if you acknowledge your mishaps. Letting them go as if they never existed will definitely do more harm.

If a client emails you for any reason it's best business practice to ALWAYS respond. I recently emailed two businesses to make them aware of my observations and their unprofessional way of handling business. Only one has responded. (not to mention, I waited a month after the incident to see if they would acknowledge anything) It was refreshing to see them accept responsibility. Still to date the other company has not yet replied. Are they embarrassed? is it ego? pride? or maybe they just don't care?

I said that to say. I'd rather not hear or read post about why people aren't supporting you when you aren't doing your part to make sure you are worthy of support.

So AA business owners, SUPPORT & PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS, MAKE SURE YOU ARE PROJECTING A POSITIVE BRAND IMAGE ON EVERY LEVEL, ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY, REALIZE YOUR BUSINESS AND SERVICES AREN'T FOR EVERYONE...AND THAT'S OKAY.  IF NOT, MAYBE BEING IN BUSINESS JUST SOUNDS GREAT TO YOU RATHER THAN BEING A GREAT BUSINESS...if this is the case STFU and CLOSE.

-I don't beat around the bush, I have allergies -Design Chemist

No comments:

Post a Comment